Saturday, February 27, 2010

?

So I haven't used this site in a few years but I have a poem that I want to type up and actually put somewhere and I figured what better place than an old creative writing blog?

This is not the first time I have
inked your name onto the paper.
But I feel
you deserve
to have graphite
slice you down
with emotions changing at every moment.
You enfuse me with creativity
and imagination
and DREAMS.

You force me to argue my beliefs
and unearth new ones;
Laugh,
and practice my "not searching your soul" smile.
A name that hiccups out of my jaw
for no more than a few seconds.
I reject
and refuse
every view you have,
yearning for approval
while holding onto my own so-called morality,
trying to shovel in
your wisdom,
many would simply call words.

Beauty is in my eyes
knowing you make me think
and believe
and admit I don't know all of the answers,
and can't control all of the results.

But one fact I can mark as true:
I feel an intellectual crush coming on.

No comments: